A central part of the vegan lifestyle is compassion for all creatures, and this includes our human friends that are affected by the shutdown. Over 800,000 people are affected by the shutdown, and whatever your political views, we all need to help.
Here are some tips that you can do alone or with your pool of co-workers and friends.
- Donate to a food pantry.
- For those that need help with pet food. Here are three places, government workers can receive free pet food with their Government ID. Animal Welfare League of Arlington
Humane Rescue Alliance Pet Pantry
Kriser’s Natural Pet
- Donate to repair national parks or volunteer.
- Call and email one’s Representatives in Congress, and email the White House. Sometimes one believes that their voice is not heard. Nevertheless, there is power in numbers, and these elected officials cannot keep avoiding their constituents.
- Do not forget to say, “thank you,” to TSA agents and other government workers that are not getting paid.
- Lastly, if you know a Government worker that needs gas, a ride to work, child care, or medical attention, be the gift of love, and help.
Sending you and yours love and light. Remember compassion for all living creatures. Love lifts us all.