Alfredo fettuccine was created by Alfredo di Lelio in Rome. The main ingredients were butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Yikes! Alfredo should have been named Heart Attack on A Plate. Humans are evolving and understanding the health benefits of a vegan lifestyle. Here is the recreation of that beloved dish.
Place the following ingredients in a blender and mix for 15 seconds until combined.
- 1 1/8 cup of Cashew Milk (Malk Milk Cashew – Unsweetened)
- 1 2/3 cup of Vegetable Broth
- 4 teaspoons of Minced Garlic
- 6 teaspoons of Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper
- 16 ounce box of 365 Organic Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons of White Truffle Oil
- 2 tablespoons of All Purpose Flour
- 1 bunch of organic Italian Parsley chopped
- 6 tablespoons of pasta water
- Extra White Truffle oil, Pepper, and Vegan Parmesan
Place 1 cup of blended mixture in large skillet on low heat.
Once the mixture has heated, turn up stove to medium, and add two tablespoons of truffle oil and two tablespoons of flour.
Whisk until mixture begins to thicken and is smooth.
Then whisk in the rest of blended mixture and turn the temperature back to low.
Add 20 cups of water to pasta pot and a tsp of salt on high heat. When water begins to boil, add the fettuccine noodles.
When the water starts to boil again, let the pasta cook for 10 minutes.
After the pasta has finished cooking, add six tablespoons of the pasta water to the sauce mixture.
Then drain pasta in a colander.
Add fettuccine to warm sauce in the skillet and mix thoroughly.
Then drizzle on about two teaspoons of truffle oil, a dash of pepper, and one bunch of chopped Italian Parsley and stir.
Note: Add vegan parmesan to individual servings .
Sending love and light.