Coconut cake is a southern tradition. A dear friend said, “A house is not a home without coconut.” I tend to agree with his statement. Many southerner’s pair this cake with lemon. If you find a great Vegan Lemon-Coconut Cake recipe, please let me know.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 Box of Duncan Hines White Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup of Water
- 3 Tablespoons of Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer and 6 Tablespoons of Water (Combine according to directions then add to cake batter).
- 1 ½ Teaspoons of Coconut Extract
- 1 Cup of Baker’s Angel Flake Sweetened Coconut
- 1 1/2 Cups or 12 Ounces of Kite Hill Vegan Cream Cheese
- 8 Ounces of Miyoko’s Vegan Butter at Room Temperature
- 4 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of Coconut Extract
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups of Baker’s Angel Flake Sweetened Coconut
Prepare two 8” circular cake pans by using Pam’s Baker spray. A Baker’s Spray flours and oils the pan at one time and is less of a mess in the kitchen. Then prepare the batter as instructed on cake mix box, except using egg replacer, coconut extract, and coconut flakes. Bake the cakes for approximately 25 to 28 minutes.
Cool cake completely. Then use a large (huge) bowl and place all the frosting ingredients. Then use a hand mixer or stand mixer to blend all ingredients. Spread a thick layer of frosting on top of the bottom layer. Place the second cake layer on top and frost all over. Keep cake refrigerated because of high cream cheese and butter content.
Sending you love and light.