Vegan French Mashed Potatoes
- 3.5 or 4 pounds of Organic Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 8-ounce package of Miyoko’s Butter (cut up in tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup of Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper
Step 1: Peel potatoes.
Step 2: Place a pot of cold water on the stove and add peeled potatoes. Turn the burner on high, when the potatoes begin to boil, set a timer for 30 minutes.
Step 3: Here is what makes the mashed potatoes phenomenal. When the potatoes are cooked through, drain in a colander. Then push each potato through a potato ricer. See photo below.
Step 4: After all potatoes are pushed through the ricer, place them in a pot on the stove with the burner set on medium. When the potatoes are warm stir in the butter.
Step 5: Mix the butter into the potatoes. When the butter is combined, whisk in soy milk.
These potatoes are sensational.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 onion diced (8mm) or tiny
- 1 bell pepper diced (8mm) or tiny
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped carrots
- 8 ounces of white mushrooms chopped finely, or food processor (See Photo of mushrooms)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of uncooked oatmeal
- 2 slices of Dave’s Organic 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Bread
- 3 tablespoons of Annie’s Organic Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 package of Frozen Gardein Beefless Crumbles
- 1/2 cup of Annie’s Organic Ketchup
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of dry mustard
Step 1: Place frozen Gardein crumbles in the microwave and cook for five minutes.
Step 2: Place bread and oats in a food processor and chop finely for 45 seconds.
Step 3: Sauté the garlic, onion, bell pepper, carrots, and mushrooms in extra virgin olive oil for ten to 15 minutes on medium.
Step 4: In a large bowl, add Gardein Crumbles, minced bread, and oats, sautéed vegetables, three tablespoons of ketchup, salt, and pepper. Combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
Step 5: Combine sauce ingredients and mix until brown sugar is incorporated.
Step 6: Lightly spray a loaf pan with Pam or other vegetable oil.
Step 7: Add 1/4 of sauce in the bottom of the loaf pan and spread around.
Step 8: Add Meatless ingredients into loaf pan. Spread around evenly.
Step 9: Add 1/4 of the sauce on top of the meatless loaf and spread evenly. Cook loaf for 30 minutes covered.
Step 10: Add the rest of the sauce on top and cook uncovered for 20 minutes longer.
Let Meatless Loaf cool and serve with French Mashed Potatoes, and your favorite veggies. Bon Appétit!
Live Compassionately! Sending you and yours love and light.