The easy begins with preparation. When you bring home the bags of vegetables, chop them up in the food processor. Then measure, label, and place vegetables in the freezer. Then the vegetables will be ready for all your recipes. With carrots and potatoes, I peel and par-boil these before freezing.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup of finely chopped carrots
- 2 1/2 pounds of peeled and chopped gold potatoes
- 1 cup of white corn kernels
- 1 can of drained pinto beans
- 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Heat extra virgin olive oil medium. Then add onion and garlic. If frozen, cook for 13 minutes; if not, cook for five minutes while stirring.
Next, add all of the other ingredients except the bay leaf. Keep stirring until all the ingredients are mixed. If the vegetables are frozen, stir until all ingredients are no longer frozen and combine.
After all, ingredients are mixed thoroughly, add the bay leaf, and place lid on the Dutch oven. Let it cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
Remove bay leaf and add more salt and pepper if desired. Recipe makes approximately eight servings. Enjoy.
Sending you love and light.